Monday, September 10, 2012

to one special big brother

It just so happened that Beniah's birthday fell during our trip to meet Haneul. Our meeting was scheduled for the day before his 4th birthday. So the night before the meeting we took some time to celebrate Beniah turning four years old. I love this sweet boy with all my heart and can't believe its already been four years!
Blowing out his candles


These characters are from an older Korean cartoon. Aunt Yumi told Beniah that the shorter character's name is pothead (because his head is made out of a pot..) and B thought that was pretty funny.


He has been phenomenal during this transition process. We've talked so long about bringing Haneul home and I wasn't sure how he would react. I often talked about how he would have to share everything: his toys, the dogs, his bike, and his parents. I have to say he has really blown my expectations out of the water. He has been such a help to me and is always looking out for his "little sister". Especially when I'm trying to get her to do something she doesn't want to and she starts to fuss-Beniah will calmly say "Mama, I don't think she wants to do that." Good point, my love.

I can't wait to see how their relationship grows as they get to know one another. (And yes, I know, this is the honeymoon stage of our transition-I'm soaking up every second!)

No comments: