Saturday, September 8, 2012

day one

Like I mentioned before Haneul was quite smitten from the start with her oppa, Beniah. After our meeting with the foster parents Haneul did great leaving with us and she didn't cry at all. She didn't even seem nervous, she was more observant. So we pack into the car and start to drive. Here are some snippets from our first moments as a family of four.
on our way with gifts in hand
our gifts for the foster family and social worker
the new Holt building
first brother and sister shot, note the huge pororo that she brought with her
first mother-daughter shot in the car
she studied him
and found him pretty funny
Here is a video of them playing in the car. I have to admit, watching it now it doesn't seem all that amazing. But in the moment we were watching our two kids play together for the first time ever. She had been so quiet and unresponsive up until she started breaking smiles at Beniah. We were pretty thrilled.

p.s. how the family got her hair into those adorable braids still amazes me..I can barely keep her still for pigtails!!

To protect the privacy of the foster family we cannot show their pictures on our blog. We have a video of when we all met Haneul for the first time and I'm still figuring out how I can show that to you. Once I figure something out I would love to share it with you.

1 comment:

Jess said...

OH my gosh this is amazing! Love Christe's face in the video. :D I am so so happy for all of you. Oh man what a gorgeous family of love you all are!