Wednesday, July 23, 2008

our summer trip..take one

Beautiful!! What a wonderful week spent with family in the mountains of Colorado. The weather was amazing-I actually got to wear the maternity jeans I have. I know exciting, but that means the weather was cool enough for it. I even needed a sweater one night. So this pregnant girl was happy to get away from the heat. And I’ve come back with a suntan…well, it started as a sunburn. I leave Arizona and get sun burnt in Colorado. Funny I know. I can’t even remember the last time I had a sunburn. But I guess when you’re 10,000 feet closer to the sun it is that much more extreme. I should have put sunscreen on… *sigh*

I do have to admit that I LOVE weddings. Every time I witness a marriage it reminds me of the special covenant between a man and a woman…and of course makes me cherish my marriage with Dave. I love that all those who attend your wedding are in fact supposed to walk with you in your marriage, to provide support and encouragement and even hold you accountable to the promises you make that day. I love showing my support by being a witness to friends and standing with them in the decision that they have made. I love when a couple comes together before God and their family and friends to declare the love they share.

Especially nowadays- marriage is something that seems to be taken lightly. And unfortunately I find that some people even begin guessing at the wedding how long this couple will last. “I give it 2 years…”. How sad. I think sometimes we believe the lie that we are supposed to be happy all the time and that all our needs must be met 24-7. Some of the best advice (that I’ve passed on to others) is that some days, a marriage is 50, 50. And sometimes it is 70, 30. And there are even some days where it is even 100, 0. And looking back on the two years Dave and I have been together I can pick out those days. There have even been 100, 0 days…but that’s what marriage is for!!

This trip Dave and I celebrated our two year wedding anniversary..nothing glamorous, but it was nice to have an evening out with yummy Korean food and overall enjoy the whole trip together. Dave has always said in a stress-free environment we are the perfect couple (as hopefully any couple is) and the trip was a great get away for both of us from work.
So anyway, Dave and I are both thrilled for Steve & Kristen. It was a lot of fun getting to know her more and watching them two together. I’ve never seen Steve happier. I look forward to more family get together when we can really hang out and get to know them as a couple more and get to know Kristen more.

Thanks to all the friends and family we were able to see and who enabled us to travel so much without worrying about where to sleep at night! It was also great to meet (for Dave) and see family in Utah-the drive from Denver to Salt Lake City was captivating.

No comments: