Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Video Update: Roller Skating & Being Two

I took Beniah on a mommy date on Monday night. He wanted to go bowling, but we convinced him to try something new since he has been bowling a number of times. He has shown some interest in ice skating because we watched some hockey-based race on tv recently so I settled on roller skating (I can't ice skate). I used to go roller skating every week when I was in elementary school. Walking into that skating rink brought me back in time.
Showing off using his brake
Watching the fast skaters in the big rink
We laced up his skates, stood him up, and then I realized, skating is pretty hard! I was worried he would be disappointed and of course I always want my mommy dates to be fun (Dave got to take him to a monster truck rally..... but, of course, we are not keeping score) so I helped him onto his feet and we took our time. After about an hour gaining some confidence on the carpet, he wanted to try the beginner area. That floor is super slippery, but he kept at it and soon asked if he could go without me holding his hand. He was a trooper and kept trying and trying.

At the end of the video, he fell pretty hard and hit his face. Of course the only video I recorded he hurt himself at the end! But the important thing to note is, after taking a minute to recoop in my arms, he decided to go back-alone.

Haneul is definately two. She wants to do everything on her own and one of her favorite words is no. Exhibit A.


She walked off and asked Daddy for help. I guess he wasn't offering so she didn't have to say no. :)

No comments: