Wednesday, February 6, 2013

holiday review pt. 2

Whew-post number 2 in only a day. I'm on a roll. :)

Christmas season is always busy-but this year we tried to slow things down a bit. While I still felt like December made me run around like a crazy person we intentionally took our time on Christmas morning. I remember being heart broken last year because I had expected Haneul to be home in time for Christmas. My family gave her gifts even though she was not there and I cried as I opened them. This year, Dave and I savored Haneul's first Christmas home.
Sukie was kind enough to be my subject (the kids wouldn't sit still long enough)
for Uncle Paul & Aunt Yumi
:playing with a fancy lens:
A suitcase of gifts came with Mimi & Poppo during Thanksgiving. In it was 25 small gifts for the kids to open each day leading up to Christmas. There were gifts for the kids to share, give to Mom & Dad, or give to each other. Let's just say both the kids were pros at opening gifts by the time December 25th rolled around!
Beniah was fascinated with this snow globe-one of the gifts we got from Mimi & Poppo

rhino chopsticks!!
pororo bath toys! thanks halmoni
checking out her new handmade bag
Beniah's big boy science kit from Halmoni
Haneul's first Barbie-thanks Halmoni!
out Advent candle centerpiece
We took a break from opening gifts for breakfast. Daddy whipped up German Pancakes, one of his favorite Christmas morning traditions.
Haneul's first taste at the LePeau tradition
love those eyelashes
hopefully NOT a new LePeau tradition
Before finishing off our presents we took time to read the Christmas story. 

B's new skateboard!
Haneul's new cooking set!
calling over our expert skateboarder
Jojo stopped by to give Beniah a lesson
Love that cute smile
That evening we headed down to Sierra Vista to enjoy Christmas dinner with my dad and family.



Snowflake!
Christmas Day 2012

Finished off the night with homemade blueberry pie!


No comments: