Saturday, September 29, 2012

one month home

We had our social worker visit last week to write our one month home report to send back to the foster family. I got to write them a letter about how Haneul is transitioning and I printed off a number of pictures to send them. (I first saw the requirement was 6 pictures and thought that was a lot! Then I counted how many I actually printed...13!) It's been a whirlwind of a month getting settled into our new life as a family of four. It has truly flown by and I realized its been without posting any pictures! There are two reasons for this: one is I can't seem to leave those two alone for longer than exactly 2 minutes and secondly, I left my camera battery charger at my mom's house in Korea. 

Haneul has transitioned well to life in the US, her new home, and her new family. Overall we are really shocked with how well she has done. It is completely her personality though, as she is very easy going and social. She loves to be in the action and still wants to do whatever Beniah is doing (which is usually where the 2 minute rule comes into play). She is eating constantly and loves fruit. I was a little concerned with her protein intake, but she has come to eat pretty much whatever we give her now. She is sleeping well both at naptime and bedtime and rarely wakes up at night. She is picking up more and more English everyday although I still talk to her in Korean a lot. This has helped a ton as she is easily frustrated if she doesn't get what she wants right away! 

Some have asked if it feels weird to have her home. Dave and I both feel like she is just our daughter. It has been easy for her to transition into part of our family. We are very blessed to have her, as well as Beniah. Enough talk..here are some photos!

in the pool at cousin eric's 7th birthday party!


dance party!



Dave loves this expression on her


fun at the park! We've been to the park pretty much daily because this little girl has sooo much energy!

Beniah is bouncy her on a climbing chain

Papa and Janet visit to meet Haneul


a rare picture of both Dave and I with Haneul!
Sadly our camera lost battery at the park and I've been without a camera for almost 3 weeks! (It took a little bit to realize where it was left..) 

1 comment:

philk said...

So exciting for you guys ! Looks like she is fitting right in.