Wednesday, June 6, 2012

my first food fight

i had my first food fight with beniah earlier this week. maybe not the type of food fight that first comes to mind, the kind when my three year old refuses to eat what we ask him to...pizza of all things. granted it was home made veggie pizza.

food isn't used as a tool in our house (not even for rewards), his "crap" intake is very limited and therefore issues over food have been limited and rarely escalate. this was much more a battle of the wills and i was not to be outdone by my mostly compliant son. yet i found myself reflecting in the moment, "what does grace look like in this situation?" i have found when you ask the right questions God often provides you with the right answers. i offered to go bite for bite, he requested the deal with momma...problem solved.

any lessons learned in conflict recently? 

No comments: