Thursday, July 15, 2010

feed my sheep

while visiting my mom in korea we headed to kangnun to see my extended family. dave had met most of my mom's side on our last trip to korea, but because we were not yet engaged he did not meet my grandmother. i thought this was a little silly, i mean he had traveled half way around the world to meet my mom..we had discussed marriage..but my mom insisted. so this trip became the "meet grandma" trip for both dave and beniah. and thanks to everyone around him saying make sure you do this, but don't do that.. dave was a little concerned, to which my mom replied, "you are already married and have a baby, she can't do anything now". it was great to sit around the table with tons of my family-something i had done when i was younger-but this time with my family in attendance. the lunch went well, dave and i bowed to my grandmother and grandfather's brother and everyone got to love on beniah. overall it was a great afternoon.
then my uncle took us up to a sheep farm and beniah had a blast feeding the sheep! at first beniah was a little hesitant..and then he went through 4 baskets of straw all on his own. next to us was a couple with a very scared young woman who couldn't bring herself to hand the straw to the sheep on her own. he boyfriend pointed at beniah and said "look, the BABY is doing it!"

No comments: