Monday, September 21, 2009

whats love

most of my partners (sbux co-workers) are college students and although we are only a few years apart we are definately in different life stages. i love my partners especially since i've started working nights. the coffee business slows down a little at night and i've been able to get to know my partners more and actually talk with them instead of just asking them to get more ice! interestingly enough i've found myself very protective of my partners. when i start to hear about a new guy i'm always the skeptic and happy with them, but none the less hear myself ask the questions that a parent may ask. and i know that i am a mom now-but i realized that i am this way with my friends as well. i am very protective of their hearts and my usual gut reaction is that this person deserves better.

recently, on a night when all girls were working, everyone was sharing and pitching in on other's situations. for the most part i stay out of these conversations. i mean i definately ask questions, but my issues are not the same as theirs. (ie. how do i know if he likes me?) but one of the girls turned to me and said "we should just ask christe, she is in love! what is it like? how did you know?" i got to give my answer and gloat about my husband and since then i feel like "love" has come up in our conversations at work frequently. i've heard people say they don't believe in love, that they love their current boyfriend, or they thought they loved their ex boyfriend but now realize that it wasn't love.

so what is it really? well, in the fear that i wouldn't do an explanation of love justice i'm going to answer by saying ask me in person. :) but i am really excited for a new series we are going to be doing at our church in the coming weeks. i want a new marriage. this series will answer questions like: (taken from my pastor's blog)

how do you prepare for marriage if you aren’t married?
are there things you can do to make your marriage win if you aren’t married?
what do you do if you are in an unhappy marriage?
what does God say about divorce? is it ever okay?
what about lust, adultery?
what if i get hurt, do i need to forgive the person who hurt me, or can i make their life miserable?

No comments: