Wednesday, April 15, 2009

kickin' it old school

when i got to college i thought cable tv was the greatest thing ever. sad? yes. true? yes. sports center, comedy central and cnn!

i always wondered why my parents would never get cable. my dad would say, "kid, i got that antenna for a 120 bucks 20 years ago".

so naturally when i got my own place i did what i wanted and didn't follow in the footsteps of my parents.

what i forget sometimes is that my parents are wise people and they almost always tend to be right.

although i will certainly miss espn i will be able to tell my son, "kid, i got that antenna for a 120 bucks 20 years ago".

you know what else i will be able to tell him, because of that antenna i was able to invest more money into the kingdom of heaven. truthfully, that's exactly what my father told me, he just didn't need to use words.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Dave

Always was proud of you. Still am.

Dad

Jaime said...

Wait. Does that mean your actually getting rid of your cable? Now you will have more time to be online.

Welcome to the society of the semi- luddites. I recommend trashing the microwave next. Enjoy talking a bit more to your family and not thinking the same thoughts as everyone else with cable tv.