Thursday, February 26, 2009

my korean side

i once took a "how asian are you" test online. i am all white, however, according to the test i am 36% asian, this was 2% higher than my all chinese friend jamie wong.
my mother-in-law was in town for three weeks, she flew in from korea to meet beniah for the first time. this was great, its nice when you enjoy your in-laws.

julie is an amazing cook.

she is also a wonderful halmany (grandmother), even a better grandmother than cook, which is hard to imagine.

i learned a few things from her last trip a year and a half ago, she shows her love through gifts. i know you might think i'm crazy, but this was a hard one for me to swallow, my family has never been huge into gift giving. i was much better at receiving this time around. also, i can expect something in my house to be redecorated every time i come home from work. again, wasn't easy for me the first time, but i have done a better job realizing that she just wants to do nice things and is that so bad?


along with julie, came yumi and suki. yumi is my new sister-in-law who i have never met before and suki is paul and yumi's dog. paul is in kuwait, soon to be iraq and yumi is back to korea to finish up her visa/green card/residency stuff...which means we get suki for the mean time!


yumi (above) loves nature, it amazed me how many things she has in common with paul, because paul is a pretty unique cat. i think they make a good pair.

suki demands attention, but a very sweet dog and we are happy to have her.

1 comment:

Annie Boyd said...

Paul's going to Iraq? :( I'll keep him in my thoughts. I'm glad to hear he found an awesome chickadee.