Saturday, February 7, 2009

church, the way it should be


since i visited the church i grew up in over christmas i have been thinking about church a lot. i remember why i never invited my friends to attend with me. it was not a place that would be relevant to their lives. church should be a place you can be proud to bring your friends.

my church has gone through some major overhauls and relaunched as revolution about five months ago. it was shaky at first, there was a point where only 11 people were in the service. God is moving, not to say the only way to gauge how God works is through numbers, but for numbers people like me it has been nice to see our growth pushing 80 over the last few weeks.

about a year ago my wife asked me why we were still in tucson, it took me off guard, but as i thought it came to me that the reason we are here may be revolution. since then, i have been asked to preach three times(the third is coming next week on valentines day, i will speak on jonah 3...see above graphic). i have also joined the elder board.

as i have been thinking about church i have realized how blessed i am to be apart of a church that is both challenging to the seasoned christian while presents the gospel in a way that is relevant to the first time chruch attender. a church that calls us to live out our faith and bring people back to Jesus. revolution, in my opinion is church the way it should be.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Dave. You don't have to hold back about Immanuel. Really, feel free to be honest. You're among friends! ;-)

Dad

DC Le Peau said...

you know i love the people there, actually ment to say that...oops.

cant wait to see you again.