Thursday, August 7, 2008

'tis the season


if you were wondering why i haven't posted. i spent 90 hours in they gym over the last two weeks with johnny and angie rocking out those camps.

volleyball officially started this week, not to mention my new job at the high school in which i get to prep for three different classes...isn't that awesome? yet somehow, as much as i love to teach it is always trumped by volleyball season.

see, i have three passions in life: my faith, my family and my coaching (i also consider teaching a form of coaching). those three always seem to erupt in the fall, this season is no exception... maybe my biggest eruption yet.

a new job, a new family member, a team that has grown from 15 when i took over to 27 this season and the possibility of a new role at church?

what do you do when your passions grow so big it seems they could consume you? is that bad?

of course i think i can handle anything but my wife sure doesn't appreciate it when i get home from work and fall asleep on the couch before dinner even starts...or worse yet get home after she has already gone to bed, this is beginning to sound like my first year of marriage, up at 5:30 am home by 11:00 pm.

No comments: